Our Equality Objectives
We have considered our school context, school data and current national issues relating to equality and we have identified 4 key objectives that our school will focus on this year. These objectives will help us to meet the three aims of the general duties required in the Equality Act 2010 to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Advance equality of opportunity
- Foster good relations
Our equality objectives are:
- Promote cultural development by celebrating difference both within our school community and beyond. Expose children to a rich array of cultures, religions and beliefs through a broad, balanced and highly effective wider school curriculum.
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between pupils and all groups of pupils; especially children eligible for free-school meals, children with special educational needs and disabilities and looked after children.
- To promote understanding and respect for differences.
- To improve provision for pupils for whom English is an additional language, particularly new arrivals at the early stage of English acquisition.
* Equality information will be updated annually and progress towards our objectives will be monitored and reviewed every year. In line with legislation, the objectives will be re-published formally, at least every 4 years.